Chef Shin at James Street
As we mentioned previously, Scrumptious Reads will be actively participating in the James Street Food & Lifestyle Trail in October by presenting several unique and interesting events. Two of those will feature Sake Restaurant & Bar Head Chef, Shinichi Maeda. Following is some information about each event. Tickets are available at the Scrumptious Reads shop, or you can call Julie on 0400 110 899.
How annoying are blunt blades?! Ever wondered how the professionals maintain their knives sharp? Come and join us as Head Chef Shinichi Maeda, of Sake Restaurant & Bar, demonstrates his knife sharpening skills. Shinichi is keen to share his love and passion for excellent knife skills. He will also share his knowledge of knife production and material use.
- The difference between European & Japanese knives
- How to maintain the blade
- Sharpening methods for different types of knives
Celebrate spring with a Hokkaido style BBQ at Scrumptious Reads!
Head Chef Shinichi Maeda, of Sake Restaurant & Bar, will cook up a feast in James Laneway.
Come join us for a night of gastronomic fun.
On the menu:
- Ara Jiru Soup – white miso, shiitake stock, bonito and salmon with vegetables
- Scallops Butter Shoyu – grilled scallops with butter soy sauce
- Ika Meshi – grilled squid stuffed with sticky rice
- Jingiskan – Hokkaido style BBQ lamb back strap
- Chan Chan Yaki – Hokkaido style BBQ salmon with cabbage and Japanese mushrooms served with sweet miso